Thing 17: Music Streaming  

Posted by Larissa in ,

I really enjoyed doing this thing because I became aware of all sorts of music streaming sites I hadn't heard of before like musicovery and last.fm.

One way libraries can take advantage of music streaming sites is allowing patrons to enjoy them as well! So one thing we started doing in the teen room is play music off of slacker, or last.fm out of the sound system.

It has worked great! I had two different teens say they liked the music that was playing when I had slacker on the other day.

I have a feeling that as librarians, we should become aware of the way young people listen to music. CDs are certainly moving in the direction of becoming obsolete, especially with mp3 players on online radios stronger than ever.

This entry was posted on Friday, April 23, 2010 at Friday, April 23, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment