You-Tube, I-Tube, We all Tube for You-Tube!  

Posted by Larissa in , ,



Youtube is my friend. I visit it when I want to learn some guitar chords, and my husband checks it out when he wants to learn about permaculture gardening. And when I want my two year old to enjoy some fun edutainment, I am sure to pull up They Might Be Giant's vids for kids (see above).

Want to see how sea horses give birth? Why read about it when watching it is so much more enlightening?!

I really think our library could utilize such a cool resource such as youtube. Providing a youtube channel for patrons where they would be able to participate, view, and see what the library offers are just one of many reasons why we should get a youtube account! I liked how the Allen County Public Library made a channel. It really shows the people behind the service patrons receive.

I'm currently working on a teen film contest, and I really hope we can share the teen videos that get submitted on a channel we create on youtube. What better way to showcase the creativity of our teens then broadcasting it on youtube?!

It is possible to get good quality and authoritative videos. Just like books, we need to see who are the authors and producers of the content. For example, doing a school project on gorillas? Why not check out national geographic's channel on youtube?

BTW- I have no idea why I have animals on the brain.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at Tuesday, April 27, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment