Thing 19: Hulu  

Posted by Larissa in ,


I heart Hulu so much. I do because it has all sorts of shows. Old shows. New shows. And even movies!

I belong to a group of people who have said "good bye" to cable. And I don't feel like I'm missing out at all. In fact, since I got married over 3 years ago, our household has never purchased cable! We watch netflix, hulu, youtube, and utilize many other online entertainment sites.

You don't have to watch very many commercials. And in fact, some television shows on Hulu will air uninterrupted once it starts. You can choose to watch a longer commercial or movie trailer before starting the latest episode of LOST. Some sponsors will even sponsor entire episodes without putting you through a 30 second commercial.

Another thing that is GREAT about Hulu is that you can share movies, shows, clips, etc. with your friends on Facebook! I have done this before and it easy and fun.

The internet is a beautiful thing. Why would I waste money on cable? No thank you to the hours of mindless commercials. No thank you to having to watch shows at a certain time or being concerned about recording them. I can view what I want, when I want it.

Thanks to the internet! Woot.

Libraries need to take note, and consider how such trends and developments will impact collection development of dvds and tv shows. However, dvds remain a really popular check out item in libraries today. Maybe one day we could show movies via online movie streaming in the teen room? Who knows?

This entry was posted on Friday, April 30, 2010 at Friday, April 30, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment